Schedule of Events
Gear check opens
Group warm up inside the United Club, hosted by REM-Fit’s Coach Kevin
Half Marathon runners will be ushered outside to start line
Half Marathon starts
5k Runners are ushered outside to the start line
Post-race party begins at Kroll’s
Awards table open for half marathon age group awards.
Awards ceremony for top 3 men and women in 5k
Awards ceremony inside the United Club for top 5 men and women in the half marathon
Gear check closes
Spectators and Friends
Spectators and friends are welcome to join us before the race in the United Club and at the post-race party.
Our star team of photographers will be out taking photos of you as you run. As always, the photos will be available for free download after the event. If you see them, don’t forget to SMILE!
New this year!
Our partners at Physicians Immediate Care are providing a state of the art photo booth at this year’s race. You will have the ability to take and print unlimited photos from your phone. Photo’s will be available for pick up at the Physicians Immediate Care table located in the United club the day of the race!
To get a personalized photo at the F3 Lake Half Marathon:
- Follow @visitphysicians on Instagram
- Take a photo using Instagram
- Use the hashtag #visitphysicians in your caption
- Pick up your photo at the hashtag printing station located at the Physicians Immediate Care booth!
Gear check opens at 8:00 am and closes at 1:40 pm.
It is located inside the United Club on the East Side of the building, on your left as you exit the North Garage.
Look for the line that corresponds to your bib number. There will be zip ties for you to secure your gear check tag to your bag.
After you have raced on Saturday, January 28th, head on over to Kroll’s for our after party! Kroll’s is the closest bar to Soldier Field and is easily accessed on foot over the 18th Street Bridge.
We are proud to announce our new beer partnerships for 2017. F3 has always valued small, local business partners and hence are please to announce that with the support of Red Arrow Tap Room, we will be providing your first beer at Kroll’s for free, from Pollyanna Brewing in Lemont and Noon Whistle Brewing in Lombard.
Don’t forget to recover!
NEW FOR 2017: OFFICIAL PACE TEAM
PACED FINISH TIMES
The Chicago Endurance Sports Pacers will lead groups for the following finish times (pace/mile):
- 2:30 – run/walk (5/1)
- 2:45 – run/walk (5/1)
- 3:00 – run/walk (4/2 or 3/2)
- 3:30 (sweep) walk
TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL RACE WITH THE CES PACE TEAM
- Arrive to your starting corral early with enough time to find your pacer. Look for the bright sign with a finishing time at the top of a stick.
- Don’t weave in and out of participants in the first stretches of the race to stay with the pace team. Keep them in sight and conserve energy while allowing the crowd of runners to thin, and then rejoin them. If you are separated for other reasons, such as using the restroom, try to make up lost ground gradually.
- If your desired finish time is between the paces offered, start with the slower group and gradually speed up in the middle of the race. It’s much easier physically and mentally than dropping off the back of a faster group.
- Practice running with a pace bracelet or tattoo to find the easiest ways to read them while running and to make sure you are comfortable. You don’t want to rely on these items and then not be able to use them. This can be very stress inducing!
- Meet the runners around you. You share a common goal, and the camaraderie formed in these groups can be a major asset to your running. Have fun!
THE CES DIFFERENCE
CES gives you the guidance, coaching, and motivation needed to achieve your fitness goals – no matter if that goal is to complete your first 5K, or to set a personal record in an Ironman Triathlon. Others simply hand their athletes the same schedule year after year and tell them to follow the person in front of them. We take an individualized approach to understanding your definition of achievement and then coach you every step of the way. Join CES and we’ll bring out the best endurance athlete in you.